Cycle Claim Update – RG Sinclair Solicitors Belfast.
Cycle claim accidents are more common these days, unfortunately.
We recently received a call from a student who was involved in an accident. He was on a bicycle when he came into a collision with a car and was knocked from his bike.
As there were no independent witnesses we looked at other ways to find out what happened. Within 2 weeks we had managed to obtain CCTV footage of the incident.
We then obtained medical evidence from a Consultant in Emergency medicine to deal with the injuries to the clients neck and back and also a report from a Consultant in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to deal with the cuts that were sustained.
We sent the medical reports over to the defendant insurance company and they made an offer of £4,500.00 to settle our clients claim which our client was delighted with. However, based on the medical evidence provided we did not think that it was sufficient and advised the client not to accept the offer.
We went back to the insurance company and discussed the case at length. We provided case law to support our case and managed to achieve an award of £15,000.00 for our client.
- We achieved an award for our client that was over 3 times what had initially been offered for the cycle claim.
- We settled the case without having to go to Court, which would have been further inconvenience for our client.
- We discussed this matter with the insurance company. A simple conversation with the insurance company can save months of hassle and stress for the client.
- We have a team of experts that have years of experience in dealing with these types of claims and your case will be dealt with on an individual basis – not as one of many!
- We have a real desire to help cyclists that have been involved in accidents – we understand the difficulties they face.
If you have been involved in a cycle accident please contact the litigation team at Robert G Sinclair Solicitors and speak with our solicitors.